Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Gerber Prodigy Review

hey guys today I'm writing a review on the Gerber Prodigy.
You can expect to pay around 45-60$ for this knife.
So lets start with the specs
The Gerber Prodigy is 9.75 inch's overall with a 1/3 serrated 4.75 inch blade. The blade is US 420 HC stainless steel that has a ceramic coating for protection. This blade weighs in at 12.45 oz sheathed and 7.21oz in the hand. Includes friction lock Molle compatible sheath.
Made in USA Portland OH

I purchased the Prodigy in 2011 and instantly fell in love with this knife, It has a full tang blade made of high carbon steel. It holds its edge well and is easy to sharpen. The rubberized grip is almost sticky feeling in your hands and feels good in your hand no matter the position your holding. I can personally tell you this knife can take a beating and keep going and going. I have split wood made primitive trap triggers,carved a bow.used it to pry ,hammered,thrown,cut a car window out with it and it still has an edge. The military ran this knife through the MIRS tests and it passes for combat infantry to carry into the field with them.

Now on to the sheath.
Gerber did an great job on this sheath in my opinion,
The sheath features a friction lock on the hilt of the knife there is no rattle shake or shimmy. If that was not enough the put not 1 but 2 snaps for the handle. The sheath is only about an inch longer than the knife and it is molle compatible with fabric straps and snaps.

This knife in my opinion is more a utility/fighting knife than a bush craft knife whal it will work as a survival knife the serrations kinda get in the way whal performing interact carvings. I also feel the fine edge portion of the blade is a shy to short but still an awesome knife. I carried this knife as an EDC for about 7 months before going back to my Timberline i give it a 9 out of 10

I do not make sheaths for this knife but i could if requested.

Thank for reading guys


No comments:

Post a Comment